Friday, June 18, 2010

Girl's Night in the company of...

...well... wieners. That's right, wieners. I could rope not a single gal pal into sipping sparkling non-alcoholic drinks, munching delightful things, painting toes and watching Julie and Julia with me tonight so it was just me, my sparkly juices and my movie. Oh..and my ever-in-toe wiener-wielding terrorist to be, Chase.

My husband wandered upstairs at one point to eat too much ice cream while I was in the middle of the movie and I shoo'd him away. I smacked his cheek and stated, in no uncertain terms, that wieners were not welcome tonight. It has occurred to me, as I told B, that I never spend a moment without a male present, especially now that I am toting one around in my belly, bless his little heart (and wiener). I was even willing to stay up past my bedtime BY MY SELF to just enjoy some MOSTLY male free time...even after my sour and pitiful afternoon during which I spent most of my time feeling whiny and sorry for myself for no other reason than I feel like an "academic widow (tm)," the day was lovely and I had NOTHING to do and NO ONE to do it with. As much as I adore Aiden and enjoy his personality and company...I was really needing an adult today. So I mostly was feeling lonely, homesick (yes, this still happens even after 6 long years), and bored.

Whatever, the movie was wonderful and made me laugh and feel less like a robot for a little bit. I'm going to bed...an hour late. I'm up with Aiden in the morning because B is up late studying...again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss living closer to you! I loved our gal nights with or without adult beverage!