Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two big Celebrations

So, first off, Aiden is now officially 2 months old! I don't know where the time goes, but he's a serious bruiser! His big 2 month appointment is on Wednesday morning. He's about 12 pounds I think, I'll post his stats after the appt. Aiden is smiling and "talking" all the time. He's stubborn about naps, and is showing a preference for sucking his fist/thumb over his binky. This bugs me...because it's easier to stop the binky sucking than a thumb...it's not like I can cut his thumb off you know? hm...by the time he's two maybe I'll think I CAN cut his thumb off...we shall see. His Aunty sent him the greatest box of goodies...including this goofy snowman suit...I'm going to try and get a picture of him in it in the next couple days while the weather is "warm" and I can put him near a snow pile for the picture. :-) I'll post it when I get it.

Second, Baris and I celebrated FIVE YEARS on Thursday! that's right...half a decade! Instead of doing anything specific, we decided that we would go have portraits done with the baby...they are adorable and I can't wait until they come back, I'm hooked, I'll be doing this with Aiden every couple of months, and probably once a year with all of us!

On another note, I booked my flight home to Virginia. March 8th through the 22nd. I'm so excited to take Aiden home for the first time! I'm going to take him to Washington for a day, and we're also having family portraits done with all my sisters and my mom (Aiden's ladies...haha). Aiden also gets to meet his future wife, Gracie while we're home...in fact, we'll be staying with Gracie and her mom while we are there! So they will have lots of time to get to know eachother.

We're FINALLY recovering from our cold snap...the coldest temps since B and I have lived here (-25) and I'm so grateful to see 30 degrees! It's downright balmy these next couple of days! I"m going to get Aiden out and about to enjoy some sun this week. I'm still struggling with this cough and some congestion...on the 20th I'll have been sick for ONE WHOLE MONTH! I'm damn sick of it. I'm going to go back in to the doctor probably at the end of the week to see what's up...I've NEVER been sick this long. I really want to get into my workout routine, but with this cough and stuff it's not really possible.

Anyway, that's all for now...not much going on!

1 comment:

Lady said...

Congrats on big milestones and little celebrations. :)