Wednesday, August 6, 2008

24 and 26 weeks

Ok, I can't believe I waited a whole week to post. I was sort of waiting on B to get his stuff together and post about his trip. I'll go nag him again in a minute.

Today was my birthday! FUN FUN! I totally forgot about it entirely until I logged on to my doula message board this morning and they were all wishing me a happy b-day. LOL! So I'm 24.

AAAANNNNND, today I'm 26 weeks pregnant, so here's the obligitory update. I think it feels like he's in there butt down and facing my left side, that's where all the strong kicks are!

----
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.
---

B took me to my favorite baby store (PeaPods in St. Paul) and I bought 4 new BumGenius 3.0 diapers, and 2 packs of cloth wipes! Who gets excited about this?! I DO! I'm totally stoked, I got lime green ones and blue ones, they're so cute. Now my master stash is 5 whole diapers! LOL But I'm so excited. I might even be getting a few fitteds from a friend, those will probably be best when baby is very small, but the BumGenius are still supposed to fit a newborn, we'll see how big he is. We might use either fitteds or disposables until the BumGenius fits him a little better. I would prefer to use fitteds with covers, but we'll see what happens!

Signing off for a snuggle,
Megz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and my sister are simply strange. Clothing diapering is definitely different. LOL.