Wednesday, August 20, 2008

28 Weeks, the update plus!

OK, so now we hit 28 weeks, officially the dreaded 3rd trimester. Everyone has said all along, "oh, you feel great now, but just you wait until your 3rd trimester." Here's what I have to say to all you Debby Downers...PPFFFFFT! It's all in your attitude. Sure, it's probably not going to be the greatest, but I intend to stay positive, keep doing my yoga to feel fresh and stretched, and I'm sure I'll be fine. So I don't wanna hear it. Oh, and if you don't mind, stop asking me "how are you feeling?" It makes me a little batty, I feel like I should tell you I feel like crap to get people off my back and stop asking. I feel fine. I'll let you all know if I start dragging butt or start feeling poorly. :-)

Yesterday was my 28 week appointment. Weight is holding steady from my last appointment (as planned! HA!) and the belly is now measuring at 29cm which is great because either Mr. Man had a growth spurt last time or they measured me wrong, but I was about 3cm too large at my last appointment. Today I'm only 1cm over my week, which is perfect! Baby is still very active (I'm supposed to feel him move 10 times in one hour during his active periods...yeah right, try 10 times in 5 minutes! for 20 or 30 minutes straight!!) and his heartbeat is strong and steady in the 150s, right where he should be right now. No health concerns, life is good. Aidan probably weighs in at about 2 pounds. For those of you counting, that's 2 pounds in 6 months for Aidan, in the next 12 weeks or so, he'll put on another 5 or 6 pounds (but only grows about another 5 to 7 inches)! He's going to grow very fast now, and I can really feel the stretch. I have an appointment in 4 weeks, and then I go to every other week. What an adventure!

I included the weekly blurb and my belly shot, not the best, B isn't so great at taking belly shots.
------
By your 28th week of pregnancy, your baby is about 16 inches long and weighs 3-1/2 to 4 pounds. The skin is wrinkled but will become less so as more subcutaneous fat, the layer of fat just under the skin, is laid down in the next few weeks. Fine downy hair, called lanugo, and a waxy white protective substance covering the skin, called vernix, are present on the baby's body. The baby's eyes are open. The eyebrows and eyelashes were formed in the fourth month. The baby sucks its thumb and its taste buds have developed. The baby kicks, stretches, and moves frequently in the uterus. These movements, which are readily observable to others, are often keenly felt by the mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling????? Sorry we could not attend your shower. We had a frequency problem. We wanted it bad.

Laural Munroe, Christina Haller, and Lindsay Woody

FOREVER THE RAINBOW