Monday, September 22, 2008

A Sneak Peak...

Well, our nursery is well under way! We went to get the crib this weekend, and it couldn't look any better with the new wall color. Now we are waiting on the bedding which should be here in the next few weeks or so. But here are some pictures of our nursery as it is today, even a shot of his little cabinet of clothes. :-)

Sorry they are grainy, I took them with the cell phone this morning. Once it's further along I will put up pictures from the digital camera.

This is the crib (which unfortunately doesn't fit the mobile, so we have to get creative to hang that)and you can see the hamper in the corner. The silly looking bench thing isn't staying, we just have to get rid of it. But the crib is solid oak, and it's a lifetime crib so it will last him till we kick him out of the house. The mirror also has to go, it's too low to stay where it is, and if we move it any higher it will look silly, so it will eventually go on the opposite wall over the dresser after the futon is out of there. Speaking of futon, it's eventually getting moved to our den, which is going under redesign as well, so we'll probably have pictures of that in February. In the mean time, the futon is going to be used by guests since Aiden isn't sleeping in that room for a few months.


This is the hamper that matches the bedding, actually a clever little thing. The canvas is just decorative, it actually has a laundry bag liner so I don't have to bend over like a contortionist to get the laundry, just lift the liner out and dump it in the washer! I still need to get a diaper pail for his cloth dipes, but that's no biggie, just a cheapy trashcan at walmart or something. But I think I'll find some kind of paint that works on plastic so I can paint it to match his room decor nicely...like he cares. It's all about me! You can see the ugly floor lamp base in here too, it's going. Hopefully into Baris's new office at work once he gets one. I'm over floor lamps. And this one is white and brass...GAG! I'm considering painting the frame for the hamper a light yellow or something else that coordinates. If you're going to do it, do it right!

Here is the cabinet in Aiden's closet, all loaded up with his newborn and 0-3 sized clothes. Everything else is packed overhead for later. The red canvas totes are awesome. I got them for $7 each at Lowe's and I have them stuffed full of his goodies. Hats & Bibs in one, socks and foot stuff in one, receiving blankets in one, and burp cloths in one. I'm sure this will all get shuffled and changed, but for now, it works and it keeps everything neat and tidy so I don't have to worry about it and I can keep track of what we have on hand. I wish I had gotten a picture of the shelf we set up for Aiden in the kitchen cabinet. It's got his bottles, bottle warmer, and stuff in there. Eventually his little dishes, food mill and stuff will be in there too. He has his own shelf! YAY!

I'm sorry this one is SUPER grainy, but it's cute. I had to have the switchplate, it's just too damn cute. I love it. We actually had originally wanted to match the wall color to the green color in the lower right hand corner, but we had them match it at Lowe's off of a fabric sample which doesn't match as clearly. I'm glad it turned out a bit darker, because I think if we had gotten this lighter green on our walls, it would have been WAY too bright. The wall color now looks good with the bedding without being abnoxious. I have to say that my husband and I are mighty good at this decorating thing...when all the pieces are provided for us!! HAHAHA!



Here's the crib from another angle and with bad lighting because of the window, but you can also see the valance in this picture! You can see the cute sheet on the mattress too, and part of the mobile. I promise I'll post pictures when we get the bedding in there.

On a side note, B is off taking his GMAT as we "speak." We're both glad this test is nearly over. I feel like we haven't done anything together for over a month! Wish him luck!

3 comments:

Lady said...

OMG, cute-cute-CUTE!!!!! I love the colors!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the crib!

Stacia said...

You did such an awesome job with his room. What good taste you have Dahling. ;-)