Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm a little peeved

So just a quick vent, tomorrow or Thursday I'll post the latest news on baby Aiden.

I am in the midst of training a contractor. I'm glad my boss had the foresight to give her 3 solid weeks of training instead of just one or two. That's beside the point though.

This morning she asks me "do you know what lice look like?" I'm trying not to panic...right? Cuz who in their right mind would come to work less than 2 feet from a pregnant woman if they thought their kid could have lice?

"Um, no. Did you get this e mail from...blah blah" I mean, I don't want to get into it.

"hm, do you know what mites look like?"

again "um...no."

"I keep finding these bugs (EEEEK!) on my kid's head, and I don't know what they are."

Later in the day she looks it up, thinks it's lice, and leaves early to take her 3 year old in to the doctor. A few hours later I get an e mail from her temp agency saying that she will not be in for a few days because "her daughter has contracted something communicable and she needs to take care of it."

I know it's lice...and even if it isn't, it's something she could have passed to me. This is the second time in a week I've questioned her logic. On Monday she comes in and tells me her daughter spent the entire day with a houseful of people who have strep. Meaning she spent an entire weekend with a little girl who very well could have picked up strep, then came into work, and sat less than 2 feet from me. All day. She could have at least had the courtesy to work from her own desk just in case. I'm 9 months pregnant. So in the last two days I've possibly been exposed to strep AND head lice?! I would be more annoyed if she had either of these conditions herself and came to work, that's my pet peeve. But I'm a little irked that less than 2 weeks from being done with work and just 3 weeks before my due date, the universe is throwing all these damn pathogens at me by way of my mildly spacy contractor. I just want to note that I've been extremely careful during my pregnancy about taking vitamins, washing hands, keeping my work area disinfected, and avoiding sickly people. I have not been sick at all since before I got pregnant. Now is just not the time.

Lice. For chrissake.

1 comment:

Lady said...

Disgusting. I would be BEYOND peeved. Imagine little cartoon flames shooting out of my ears. The nerve of some people!!!!!

Perhaps it's high time for you to stage a pregnant-lady hissy fit and get the heck outta there. ;)