Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Not much to report!

Well, it's just about week 35, last week's appointment went well, and next week is the first of my weekly appointments. Joy joy! Aiden is still growing like a weed, and sadly he's running out of room. I'm surprisingly comfortable most of the time though, so I kind of feel bad for the little guy, I think he just wants to get out for a little stretch you know?

Right now the more exciting thing coming up is the last day at work...which is only about 24 days away. I'm TOTALLY stoked. I'm so glad I don't have to work to my due date, I'm pretty sure the anxiety would keep me from going into labor! My contractor starts on Monday and she's getting 3 solid weeks of training...I didn't get any solid training when I started almost 3 years ago. I went to the trouble to write a manual that includes how to do everything I do! Spoiled youth of corporate America...tsk tsk.

My primary goal between my last day at work and the birth is to get freezer meals done and portioned. I've been trying to come up with a bunch of good ideas, and admittedly I forget them as soon as I think them, but I did retain a few. For breakfasts I am going to make a bunch of breakfast burritos to freeze (tested this and it worked like a CHARM!!!) and I'll be portioning out a bunch of grain and nut pancakes...I don't have a recipe yet...I want them to be whole wheat, and we want some nuts in there...any good recipes? I'm also going to make some sweet potatoe pancakes for the mix...because Ceil said they are AWESOME...i bet they would be good with almonds or something in them! I'm going to cook up a few pounds of ground beef so it will be easy to toss in with something like taco seasoning or turn into homemade hamburger helper, etc. I have a friend who's going to make us some lasagna to freeze. I'm going to make some turkish meat dishes like okra and spinach to serve over brown rice or noodles. I'm still thinking up ideas, and any suggestions are welcome...the better for us, the more we want it! In addition to the freezer meals, I'm going to get that house perfectly cleaned and organized so it's just right when it's time to bring baby home and I don't have to worry about it for a few weeks. I've got a friendly helper for all that...which is good, cuz our pantry is a MESS! I also need to sort through the freezer, theres a lot of frozen fruit in there, and I know a lot of it must be freezer burned by now, can't make nummy smoothies with ruined fruit my friends!

There is no progress on Aiden's nursery just yet, but it is spotless and perfectly organized, so there really isn't any work to be done in there for now. We're waiting for the bedding to come, hopefully in the next week or so it will be here, not sure how long it takes Babies R Us to ship products. It won't truly be done until the end of January when we are able to put the dresser and rocker in there in place of the futon, but I will share pictures once we have the bedding in there! We're on the hunt for a decent but inexpensive glider rocker, which will go in our room until January. But we aren't in a big hurry for that. Aiden's diaper stash is rounding out nicely, different dipes for different needs and stages...I love them all, they're so darn cute. :-)

OH! And a shout out to my hubby, who is worse than my mother about managing his paperwork problem. I finally begged him to sort it. I told him if he sorted out the current mess that I would take over mail so we wouldn't have this problem anymore. I ended up helping, I think he gets overwhelmed...there was stuff in that pile (read: mountain) from middle and late 2007!!! BUT, it is finally completely sorted, filed, shredded, and/or recycled. So now I'm in charge of mail! He did a great job, and his man room is looking great. We have to work on it bit by bit in order to get it ready for the big transformation to MAN CAVE 2009!! Saddest thing is that we have to break down his drums, there isn't any space for them in the new plan, though I could have forced it to work if there were a reason, he doesn't have the time to play anymore because he's uncomfortable playing in the evenings since we're in a townhome. Fair enough, so they get packed untill we move up and out of that house in a few years. In the mean time he needs a super cave, and that's what I'm doing! Big ol' TV, a new computer, and manly comfortable seating! He's a champ, he deserves the best man cave of all. :-D Hopefully once it's been transformed he'll use the room the way he always wanted to, a place to study, work from home when he needs to, play computer games, and watch TV. He and Aiden can do much bonding in the cave I think!

I've included a photo of Cheddar, because he's cute, and his wallerin' ways just make me smile...he pretty much always sleeps this way...although usually in his daddy's armpit...A little pathetic, but A LOT cute!



In other shoutouts, a big congratulations to Elaina who is finally out of the children's hospital after 143 days! Her blog is linked on the right, send some love to her and her mamma, this is such a big day, and SUCH a miracle!

Equally exciting is that Eshell Knapp, a woman I did my doula training with (and someone who's strength and inner wisdom still has me in awe), is expecting again! I also have her blog linked to the right! Last year Eshell suffered a devastating loss of her 7th child, this past year has brought her much healing, and now another miracle to add to the Knapp clan! Please wish her the best and send your prayers to her and her family! What a troop they are!

1 comment:

Lady said...

My, how time flies!!! I can't believe you're 35 weeks already!

There's something eerily familiar about your on-the-job training prowess. ;) I think there's something in the doula water. Our immutable desire to help people, I guess.

Isn't Elaina a dream come true? Every minute of her life is a gift. I'm in constant awe. :)

Liz