Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Aunt Marion

Well, I got news this afternoon that my Aunt passed away. She was the oldest surviving sibling, my mother's sister. In fact, Marion helped deliver my mother when she was born at home more than 60 years ago. I was not close with Marion, but my mother has many fond memories of her only sister. I can tell she's fighting just falling apart here and there, but she's trying really hard not to break down. The service will be this weekend and My sisters are trying to drive with mom to Ohio. I wish I could go to be with mom, but I can't afford a last minute plane ticket to be there. I know mom will be OK once she gets to the grieving, but in the mean time I worry about her. I believe Marion was about 79, alzheimer's ultimately claimed her life. She was a vibrant woman, and she told stories like no one I have ever known. I'm glad to have all those nice stories to remember her by, and she will always live on in my mom's heart. I should have mom tell me all she can think of about Marion and I will do an oral history of her, so that she will always be a part of our family in memories. Marion much deserves to be remembered fondly with a smile.

1 comment:

Knapp Family said...

I think the oral history is a wonderful idea! I am sorry for your family's lost.

Eshell